Saturday, February 3, 2018

2003 Hawaiian Holiday

This layout is of a photo taken on a holiday to Hawaii back in 2003. My Dad had wanted to go on a holiday to Hawaii one more time before he died, so we did just that in May 2003. We had a great vacation and  my Dad was so happy that we all went with him. He died the following February. This photo is of my cousin on the left, then me in the middle and my Dad on the right at a Luau we went to.

I used the Prima "Zella Teal" paper collection for this layout. I just love this collection, the colors and designs are so beautiful!  As I mentioned in my previous layout post this Prima paper collection also has the top strip of each paper that you usually cut off printed with one of  each of the paper designs from the collection.I took six of the top strips and cut them in half and laid them beside each other vertically towards the top right of the background paper and then towards the bottom left. I cut two other strips approximately 9" x 2" and cut them into banners and laid them horizontal on the page over the vertical pieces. I fussy cut one of the roses from the papers and popped it up with foam pop dots. The other flowers were from the same paper collection as well as a couple of stickers. The butterfly was one I printed out on card stock then cut out and added glossy accents to it. Once that was dry I added the wire antenna's that I had made. I also distressed all of the papers for the layout. I was quite happy with how the layout turned out, here's the finished layout....

No comments:

Post a Comment