Monday, May 15, 2017

Friends

I've been on disability from my work since 1998 due to my Mutiple Sclerosis but when I was still living on the mainland (Richmond, BC) I was able to pop into work once in a while and visit with all the girls. Since I moved over to Vancouver Island I haven't really been able to get together with everyone and now most of the girls are retired also. I go down to the mainland in May/June every year to see my neurologist at the MS Clinic so 2 years ago I got hold of one of the girls about us all getting together for lunch while I was down on the mainland. We all had such a great time seeing each other we got together again last year and even had a couple of the other girls join us. So we're hoping to all get together again this June.

Anyways I decided I'd better get the photo's of us from last years lunch scrapped so that is what this layout is all about, "friends getting together". I used up most of the rest of the papers from the "Tranquility" August 2016 Scrap kit from Swirlydoos. I added quite a few layers on this layout. From my stash I found some small wooded clocks to use, which for me kind of stands for the "good" times we have getting together and then the little wooden typewriter which I felt stood for working together in the office. I added the chipboard lantern which I covered with Vintage Photo Distressed embossing powder, then added all my paint splatters and here's the finished layout!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment