Sunday, April 16, 2017

Guest Book

Doing another project for my son's wedding in June. I was in one of our local thrift stores in town picking up some plastic hangers and was walking back to the front counter to pay for them when I walked past this box with a bunch of miscellaneous things in it and saw a small book. I picked it up and found out it was a guest book that had never been used and they only wanted $1.00 for it. Since my son and his fiances had asked me if I could decorate up a guest book for their wedding, I thought this was perfect. The fabric store was next door to the thrift store so I went in there and picked up some lace and ribbon and came home and went to work decorating the book. The lace/ribbon/pearl string flower in the top left corner was one I made using a tutorial by Vicki Alberto a few years back. I kept wanting to use it on a layout or project but never quite found the right project to use it on until now and knew it would go perfect with this guest book! On the bottom right corner is this very pretty lace flower that I had in my stash from Meg's Garden that I had left over from when I was on their Design Team. For the back cover of the book I just used the lace and ribbon for tieing the book closed. I was really pleased at how it turned out, here's the finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment