Friday, October 14, 2016

Selfie

I love this photo of our grandson, the way his arms look like they are being held out in front of him makes it look like he's taking a selfie, hence the title of the layout, lol. For this layout I used the Bo Bunny "Bella Rosa" paper collection.

For my background paper I used the Bella Rosa "Whisper" paper and I took a duplicate piece of paper and fussy cut out the left side floral section and popped it up with foam dots on the background paper. I then cut different size pieces of the other paper's in this collection and played around laying them down in different ways until I was happy with the design. I then distressed and inked all of the papers and glued them down. I took the photo and matted it and popped that up with some cardboard. 

I took some hexagon chippies from my stash and painted them with orange acrylic painted that I toned down with some white paint, helping to match up the color to the flowers in the paper. On the top right corner of the layout I tore the paper and distressed and rolled the torn edges back. I added a small peach colored piece of paper behind the torn corner and added some flowers from my stash along with a couple of tiny rose buds that I made myself and added a small feather popping out from that small flower cluster. I then added another flower cluster on the bottom right of the paper using the same flowers from my stash and added a couple of small feathers. I was very happy with the way it turned out. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment