Monday, September 26, 2016

Thoughts

I love this photo of my daughter when she was 13 and we were on the ferry going back to the mainland. She was just lost in her own thoughts when I snapped the photo. When I downloaded the photo into my software I gave it a soft focus effect which was the perfect touch. I used the Prima "Tales of You & Me" collection again. I'm in love with this paper collection, can you tell, lol.

I used the Notre Jardin Secret for my background paper. I took a duplicate piece of that paper and fussy cut out the flowers from the second piece and popped them up with foam dots for a 3D look. I distressed and inked all the papers. Here's how it looks:
I then picked out 3 other papers and cut them to the size I wanted. I distressed and inked all of these pieces also. Once I was happy with the way the papers looked I glued them all down.
I took my photo and a duplicate one without the soft effect  and laid the soft photo just off to the side of the other one as shown in the finished layout. I added some card board to the back of the photos to pop them up. Using some Prima flowers from my stash I played around with the placement of the flowers and when I was happy with how they looked I glued them down. I added some seam binding ribbon that I had hand died and added that to the cluster. I also added a few flourish blings, tucking them just under the flowers a bit. I added a small Prima fairy that I inked a bit with pink to the top right of the photo. In the flower cluster on the bottom right of the photos I tucked one of my handmade stick pins among the flowers. I added my title and to finish the layout off I took some gesso and watered it down and added the white drips from a paint brush all over the layout. Here's the finished project. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment