Friday, August 19, 2016

Family

I love this photo of my granddaughter, soon to be DIL and myself that my son took of us in Hawaii while we were sitting waiting for the grandson's to catch up with us. I also love this paper line from Prima, "Tales of You and Me". So of course I had to use this paper line for this photo, all the colors were perfect!

For the background paper I used the "Notre Amour" paper from the Tales of You and Me collection. I distressed and inked the paper along with using a heart punch on the top edge and again on the right hand side. I cut out pieces from three of the other papers as well as two of the tags from one of the other papers. I distressed and inked all of these papers and layered them on the background paper. I matted the photo with some pink card stock and then used some cardboard on the back of the photo to pop it up.

Now I just had to add the embellishments to the layout. I used some pink Prima flowers from my stash. I had one white flower that I inked the petal edges with some pink ink. To the flower cluster on the bottom right corner of the paper I added one of my own handmade stick pins. I added a little resin fairy from my stash along with a couple of other ephemera pieces from my stash. Here's the finished layout and I'd love to hear your comments on it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment