Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sand Dollars

Here I am with another photo from back in 2006. This photo is of my grandson when we were at the beach one day here in Campbell River. While the kids were playing on the beach they found a big bed of Sand Dollars. We told the kids what they were and it seems Scott thought that they were real $'s. He would go and collect a handful of them and put them in his bucket. I'd tell him that he couldn't take them home, that they were actually alive so it wouldn't be fair to do that to the Sand Dollars. So he'd dump out his bucket then just go get another handful of them. It went on for quite awhile, I finally was able to get him to leave the live ones alone when I found a couple of ones that had already died and he was able to take those ones home. So this photo  is of Scott showing off his Sand Dollars.

I used the Heartfelt "Under the Sea" paper collection for this layout. I used three different papers from the collection to layer underneath the photo. I distressed and inked all of the papers I used. I did a lot of fussy cutting of the fish and turtle from the paper collection which I popped up with foam dots for a 3D look. I also cut out the port hole window from a duplicate paper of the background paper and popped that up with foam dots. I added some fish net to the bottom right corner of the layout which I glued on some shells from our beaches around where we live. I also added some string from my stash that has the little yellow ties on it that I laid out on the fish net. I added a few Prima flowers along with some other shells, a small sand dollar and a scallop shell. I also cut out the seagulls on my Cricut machine using an SVG file I made and popped them up with foam dots also. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment