Monday, June 27, 2016

Looking back

While going through a bunch of older photos I came across this photo of myself and my grandchildren at the beach here in Campbell River back in June of 2006. I can't believe how little they were, they're now 17 and 13, where did the years go?

I used the Kaisercraft "Coastal Escapes" collection for this  layout. It's a very simple layout with not much layering but I kind of wanted the layout to be more about the photo. I used the Coastal Escapes "Sea Grass" paper for my background paper and did some distressing and inking on it. I matted the photo on some navy blue cardstock and added some foam tape to pop the photo up. I picked the Coastal Escapes "Underwater" paper for the 2 layers under the photo and used the shells and beach sign from the sticker sheet. I added a few shells from the beach and a small sand dollar. The string is some I had in my stash that I always feel goes well on a beach layout and found the small gold button in my stash with an anchor on it to use at the top of the layered paper. I also added the "Memories" chippy which I painted white then sprayed it with a blue mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang. Here's the finished layout, TFL!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment