Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Just Because

Just wanted to share a card that I made for a friend to give his wife. He was quite adamant that he hadn't done anything, just wanted to give her a card so she knew how much she meant to him. You gotta love men, lol. Anyways I thought that Graphic 45's "Secret Garden" collection would be perfect for this, especially since I had the 8x8 paper pack. My basic card size was 4½ x 6¼.

For my first layer I used the blue side of the Posy Patch paper which I distressed with both my distress tool and Vintage Photo distress ink, all papers used on this card were distressed in the same way. The next layer I used the back side of the Leafy Tree Tops paper and then the next layer was the main side of the Posy Patch paper. I then cut out one of the tags from the Springtime paper and popped it up on the card with foam pop dots. I used one of the tags from the Meadow Lark papers for the sentiment. I used my Paint Shop Pro program and laid and typed out the sentiment on plain paper and then laid the tag over the printed paper and ran it through my printer again to get the sentiment on to the tag. This tag was also popped up with foam pop dots. I took my 1" punch and punched out one of the Seed Fairy stamps and added it to a bottle cap and added that to the card. I also took a couple of Hydrangea petals which I spritzed with water and twisted the petals slightly and let them dry and then glued together to make the large flower on the card and added two small mauve rose buds that I made to the card. I'd love to hear your comments on my card, thanks for stopping by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment