Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April already!

I can't believe another month has flown by, were so busy here this past month, going away a few weekends and trying to fit other things into the daily schedule. So I have a few things to share with you.

This is a photo of my Mum taken when she was about 20 yrs old (1941). It's a lift of one of Gabrielle Pollacco's layouts called "Love & Laughter". I used the October "Treasured Yesterdays" kit from Swirlydoos for this layout. This kit is absolutely perfect for vintage photos!

I made the brown card for my son's birthday at the beginning of March. It was a very simple card as I was trying to use up some left over papers from other projects, which is why I made the other card, left over papers and then put it into my stash of cards.

Photo of my Dad on his brothers motorcycle, or as my Dad called it "Lance's Steed". This was taken approximately 1940.With three little girls the closest my Dad got to having a son was me. I was such a tomboy, I'd go fishing with my Dad while my two older sisters were like "Eewwee" My Dad was always my hero, as far as I was concerned my Dad could do anything! This is my take on the "Treasured Yesterdays" sketch from Swirlydoos! Here's the sketch:

On this layout above I used the "Treasured Yesterdays" October kit from Swirlydoos again. The photo is of my Mum & Dad and sisters and I, I'm the baby of the family. I cut quite a few long banner strips for this layout, for some reason I'm really into using strips like this on  my layouts right now. It helps to use up a lot of your smaller pieces of papers that you have.  The bottle cap dangle I made myself, I hope to make some more of these to sell in my Etsy shop when I get some time.

This layout has photos of my Dad when he joined the Canadian Air Force in 1940 when he was 18. I did lots of layering and distressing to the papers. I also used one of my stencils and molding paste and a small music note stamp here and there on the layout. I added som Tim Holtz photo strip to this, along with some Prima flowers and wooden clocks. I also added a bit of cheese cloth under the photos and other goodies. I was very excited to find out that this layout of mine was chosen for "Layout of the Week" for March 22nd over at Swirlydoos!

Well I'm so happy you stopped by and I'd love to hear any of your comments on my projects. Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment