Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Secret Garden

Well I think most people, especially all the people on the East coast are wishing spring & summer would hurry up and get here, because I sure know I am! Going along with this, one of the challenges this month over at Swirlydoos was to do a layout about something warm and I thought this photo of my daughter back in 1992 when she was 15 months old would be perfect to use. If you notice in the photo that in the background is this really nice kiddy pool that we bought for her and what did she play in all day was an old bucket, lol!

I decided to use my Graphic 45 "Secret Garden" papers that I have been hoarding for this layout. For my background I thought I'd use the back side of the "Leafy Treetops" paper which I distressed with my distress tool and some "vintage photo" distress ink. I then cut an 8" x 8" piece of the "Sun Kissed" paper which I cut the center out of (to save for future projects) and layered a 7½" x 7½" piece of the "Coming up Roses" paper on top of that, distressing all the papers. I matted my photo with some of the solid mauve colored paper from the 6"x6" collection. 

Before laying my photo down I cut three strips of some of the other papers from the collection which I matted and used as banners behind the photo. I fussy cut a couple of the flowers from the "Cutting up Roses" paper and added some pop dots to them and added one to the top right corner and the bottom left corner of the photo. I added more Prima flowers from my stash to make the two flower clusters as well as a couple of small rosebuds at the tears on the right side of the background paper. To finish the layout off I added a couple of Prima pearl & rosebud flourishes. Here's a closeup...

No comments:

Post a Comment