Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Christmas layout


One of my last Design Team projects for Meg's Garden. Now if you’re like me you have lots of Christmas photo’s to scrap and this photo of my son and I is just one of many that I have to scrap. For this layout I used papers from the new ‘Tis Christmas Time" collection as my background paper.

For my background paper I used the “Christmas Roses” paper from the collection. I distressed all of my papers in this layout with my distress tool and some “Vintage Photo” distress ink. I also made a small tear in the paper along the bottom of the left side of the paper and rolled it back, glued a tiny piece of the Christmas Greetings paper behind that and popped a small latte paper rose between the rolled back paper. Using some of the lace from Meg’s Garden I cut two pieces approximately 4” each and laid them down the center of the background paper, one piece from the top end and one piece from the bottom of the paper, so you end up with a space between the two pieces. No sense wasting pretty lace that no one’s going to see behind the layers anyway, lol.


For my other layers I’ve used one of the Christmas Angels from the Angel paper, a clock from the “Old World Time” clocks paper, a 5” x 4” piece from the Christmas Greetings paper and a 5” x 4” piece of the French Bird Cage papers I had from a previous DT kit I had left over. I laid these all down as shown in the photo. For my photo I attached a couple of pieces of cardboard to the back of the photo to pop the photo up and then laid it down on top of these layers.


For my flower cluster I used two of the Idyllic Burgundy paper flowers and one of the paper Azaleas. I used a few leaves from my stash along with some Dusty Attic leaves from Meg’s Garden behind the flowers along with a few pearl sprays tucked in here and there. The pink pearl flourishes and the heart charm were from my stash. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to check out all of the awesome products at Meg’s Garden!

Meg’s Garden Products Used

Paper – P6364 Christmas Roses 
             P6361 Christmas Greetings
             P6366 Christmas Angels
             P6297 French Bird Cage               
             1037 Old World Time Clocks
L2976 Lace
Small Latte Paper Roses
Idyllice - Burgundy
White Azales


Other Products Used
Recollections Small Pink Flourishes
Small Heart & Chain Charm
Pearl Sprays, Dusty Attic Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment