Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ultimate Design Challenge - Week 1

Well I've really got behind in my posting here. It's already week 2 of the Ultimate Design Challenge over at Swirlydoos and I haven't even posted my week 1 project. So that being said I'll post my week 1 project then I'll post week 2's project.

The first challenge is issued by Swirlydoos Designer Vicky Alberto and the challenge is:

"To create a multi-dimensional embellishment for use on a scrapbook page, card or other altered item"

  • You must use either a die cut paper or a piece of chipboard as your base shape (does not have to be a birdcage)
  • You must turn that die cut/chipboard into a dimensional (layered) usable embellishment
  • You  must use at least TWO art mediums (gesso, gels, pastes, glazes, paints etc)
  • Your final piece must be showcased on a layout, card or other altered item
  • Post a photo of the embellishment ONLY on this thread, and upload the finished project into the Swirlydoos gallery by the deadlin
You can go here: Ultimate Challenge Week 1 to see Vicky's tutorial and other info you will need. Even if you didn't register for the contest you can still play along on your own.

So my embellishment is the cameo on my tag. I took one of my Cricut cartridges and cut out 5 cameos which I then glued on top of each other. I then took a piece of white cardstock and cut an oval piece and glued it to the back. I then filled the head part of the cameo with glossy accents. Once that had dried I took some Rock Candy distress crackle paint and put that over the brown area and let that dry to crackle. Once that was all dried I glued it to my tag as shown above. I then added this tag to my layout below of a photo of Mum taken in 1946 in Belgium.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment