Monday, October 22, 2012

Lots of glitter

I've had this photo of  my daughter and my grand children printed out for quite awhile to scrap but just hadn't found the right papers for it until last night. I was digging through my goodies that I had got when Websters had a big warehouse sale back in the beginning of the summer. I came across this die cut piece from the "Ladies & Gents" collection and I just knew it would be perfect for this photo. I took this back in August of 2009 when my daughter brought the kids up for their yearly summer vacation with us. My grand kids love their Auntie Caitlynn and I just thought this photo of the three of them just showed all that love. Usually when I start doing a layout it takes forever for me to decide on my design but this one just seemed to fall into place so easily.
I really wanted to play up the blacks in this paper and I knew I had this big gray Prima flower in my stash so I used that and then went about making all the other flowers using black cardstock and a kind of pinky/peach color cardstock. I make my large flowers following Gabrielle Pollacco's water distressed flower tutorial that you can find on her blog here: Water Distressed Flowers After I made the large flowers I decided to paint some glossy accents on the petals and then dipped them in some diamond dust. I love the way they turned out, just so much sparkle to them! Here's a closeup of the flowers.
I made quite a few of my little tiny rosebuds to place in between the big flowers and also used them for the bottom of the black flourish. Don't you just love this black flourish, it's from Recollections and I just thought it made this layout! I used some foam pop dots to pop up the title which I cut from another piece of Websters paper. Here's a closeup of the small rosebuds.
 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments: