Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Well I hope all the ghosts & goblins had a good time tonight collecting all their treats and hopefully didn't get to wet in the rain, well at least here in Campbell River it was raining, lol. We actually got more kids tonight than we've got in all 7 years living here. The little ones were just so cute when you open the door and see them in their costumes. We even had some older kids coming to the door, which was great since they were still in costume. I never mind the older kids coming if they have a costume on, it just gets annoying when they come to the door with no costumes and expect to get a treat. What was really great was every single kid who came to the door said "Thank you" and "Have a great Halloween". That really restores your faith in mankind when you meet young kids who actually have good manners and a smile on their face!

So I heard back from Heartfelt Creations and unfortunately I didn't make the final cut for their design team. I was a little disappointed but I still felt good over the fact that out of all of the applications I did make it to the semi-finalist group which I think was a pretty good deal! That gave me the confidence to apply for other design teams and I'm so happy to have made the DT for Meg's Garden! I got my papers and goodies from Meg's Garden in the mail the other day and OMG can you say "Beautiful", these papers are to die for, so, so pretty!  I can't wait to start playing with them!

I thought I'd share with you tonight the two layouts I did for the semi-finalists group using Heartfelt Creations papers, stamps and dies. The stamps and dies they sent are called the "Open Vintage Floret" set - they're so pretty, along with the matching papers. The first layout is another photo of my daughter that her friend took a couple of years ago - I love these photos...oh have I said that before, lol! The large flowers are made with the Heartfelt stamps & dies and the tiny rosebuds I made, which the tutorial I posted the other day.
The next layout I did to celebrate my 14th anniversary of the day I had surgery for breast cancer. Besides the pretty flowers made with the stamps & dies, I did some fussy cutting of the flowers from some of the matching papers, I was really quite pleased at how this layout turned out.
Well Happy Halloween everyone - I hope it was a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment