Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cute & Vintage Photos

Don't you just love looking at photos of babies and young kids. My friends cute little niece is just so photogenic (unlike me, lol) and she had taken this cute photo of Lucy and I just had to scrap it for her scrapbook. Little ones expressions are just so adorable and this one is definitely adorable! I think these papers from My Minds Eye "Follow Your Heart" collection just went perfect with this photo. The yellow in the papers seemed to draw out the yellow in her shirt perfectly. I did a bit of punching with a heart punch on some of the paper and layered and distressed it. On the top part with the tear I used a small white doily which I added some "Broken China" Distress ink to behind the tear and then placed a pretty yellow distressed Prima rose to it. The other flowers are all Prima ones except for the teal one with the light blue center, I made this using the water distressed technique and added the little tiny Prima blue rosebud to the center. I cut out a couple of kites to match the kites in the paper and popped them up with foam. On one of them I used some rub on's to show Lucy's age at the time when the photo was taken. After placing and before gluing everything down I felt the layout still needed something. So after playing with it a bit I printed out a smaller B&W version of the photo and framed it with some green glittered chipboard that I had, and a little bit of bling and that seemed to just finish the layout off perfectly. 

I love old vintage/heritage photos and like to collect some of the freebie ones I have found on the internet. Still trying to keep to my plan of using up papers from my stash I thought these three pretty vintage ones I had would go perfectly with these papers I had leftover from my Nov 2010 LE kit from "My Creative Scrapbook". The idea I had in mind for this layout, I thought, would go great with the February Sketch challenge at My Creative Sketches. I'd really love to win the sketch challenge as the prize for this month is a nice bunch of Prima goodies - now who wouldn't want to win Prima goodness, lol! I didn't stray to far off of the sketch and I had done a bunch of fussy cutting of some flowers from one of the papers from this kit so they worked out perfectly for me to use on this layout. I used this big yellow Prima Flower for the bottom right corner and some Prima bling across the center of my ribbon and I cut the title out with my Cricut machine. I was quite pleased at how it all turned out when I was finished. So here is my finished project. Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment