Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring is finally here!!

Well it's only two months late, lol. The weather here on the Island is beautiful - finally! I've actually been able to get outside and garden. Today I even managed to wear shorts - the glare from my pasty white legs nearly blinded me mind you, lol. We even managed to get our lawn mowed, even got the weed eater out and went around everything with that and shock of shocks we even got our hedge all trimmed. It's suppose to be even hotter tomorrow and the rest of the weekend is looking good, which is a good thing since it is our Victoria Day long weekend  this weekend. I think we should have a BBQ and celebrate!

Since it's been so nice this week I haven't been able to get a lot of scrapping done as I was out working in the yard and soaking up all that vitamin D. I did manage to get  one layout done for the May sketch challenge at MCS. I used some more of the April LE Kit from MCS. I just love this Madeline Paper Collection from Prima. I thought the colors worked great with these photos of my son's friends little girl bouncing on the trampoline as the greens in the paper picked up the green in her t-shirt that she was wearing.

I did some distressing on some of the papers and then did some fussy cutting of the "Rosalee" paper cutting out some of the pretty blooms that were in it to add to my flower cluster. I popped them up with foam dots and then added a vine that I had received in an earlier kit. It's kind of hard to see in the photo but I got some Rangers ink, I think it was Watermelon that I used and with a fin tip paint brush added some pink to the centers of the blue flowers in the vine to sort of match up with the pink that was in some of the blooms I had cut out of the paper. I also added a couple of small roses from Prima's Sugar Blooms collection to the cluster. I got one of my white paper doilies and colored it with Rangers "Stream" colored ink. The foam letters are from Pink Paislee and the smaller "Ready" and "Set" were cut out on my Cricut.
Well I better get off to bed. Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment