Monday, May 30, 2011

New layout

Good morning bloggers! This is my latest layout I did this past weekend of another of my friends sweet little granddaughter Brooke. I just love the expression on her face in this photo.

I used the May LE Kit from My Creative Scrapbook for this layout. There's just so many beautiful papers and goodies in this kit and they are all so perfect for doing layouts for sweet little photos like this one. I did some distressing on the papers that I layered with and also tried out this really cool way of doing lacing for scrap layouts.  This is a tutorial from Natasha of "Moments of Tranquility" blog for twisted lacing, it's very easy to do and really has such a cool look to it when it's done. You can find her tutorial here: http://mymomentsoftranquility.blogspot.com/2010/08/twisted-lacing-tutorial.html

The papers used from this kit are from Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden collection, along with their matching die cuts and the clear pops Butterflies from the same collection. I also used some of Prima's flowers: Regent Collection "Rathbone" and their Sugar Blooms Collection "Fairy" as well as a few that I had in my stash. You can never have enough Prima flowers I always say.  *Smile* The lace also came from the May kit which I colored using some Tim Holtz Distress ink "Peeled Paint". The title I cut out with my Cricut machine. Thanks  so much for stopping by, I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment