Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Better late than never!

So it's the last day of May tomorrow and I just finished a "May" tag today - yes I'm a slow poke, I admit it, lol. I do have a little bit of an excuse....I didn't have all of the needed supplies to do this tag, namely "Gesso" and some "Iridescent Medium". I had to wait until I went down to the mainland (Vancouver) so I could go to Micheal's and pick these up. Our LLS carry a lot of supplies but unfortunately not these two items.

Anyway, I really wanted to do this tag that my friend Paulien Van den Bosch had on her blog, which you can find here: http://paulienvandenbosch.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-tag.html. I just thought it was so pretty.


I had to improvise on a few things while doing this tag. I didn't have a stamp with leaves on it so I used one of my Christmas holly stamps. I also don't have a lot of stamps so I used one of my Tim Holtz stamps "Live the Life you've Imagined" as I've always liked this saying on the stamp. I didn't have any of the small little calenders so I drew my own up in Paint Shop Pro and added the sepia toning on it using the PSP effects, then printed it out and distressed the edges and used one of my small versa colored stamps from "Tsukineko" called "Pine Cone" and ink the edges of the calendar. You also have to bare with me as my stamping technique is not that great yet, lol.

I've never used gesso or the iridescent medium before but I found I really like the effects these products have on paper crafts so I think I'll be using this a lot more in my layouts and tags. I want to thank Paulien for this great tutorial and for helping me to realize there are new and interesting ways to add effects to your projects using these products. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment