Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Brrrrrr, I think winter is here...

So last Friday we got a bit of snow coming down and according to the weatherman we were suppose to get all this snow overnight. We woke up Saturday to no snow at all - yeah! Then last night there were all these snow and wind warnings for Vancouver Island. So we wake up this morning to no snow at all, just beautiful blue sunny skies but it was windy and very cold - about minus 2 Celsius. So while I'm making dinner I turn the news on and they are showing how the rest of Vancouver Island were having major snow and wind storm all day. Closing schools for today and tomorrow and a lot of businesses closing. Even just down the highway from us in Courtney, which is only like 45 klms from us had major amounts of snow. That was just to weird but I was happy we didn't get any of the storms the rest of the Island and the mainland were getting, It's suppose to be sunny here again tomorrow but very cold, about -6 Celsius and with the windchill factor it will bwe more like -18. I'm thinking that staying in bed under all of the covers with my matress heator on will be high on the agenda for me tomorrow, lol.

I did manage to get a quick card done today using some Bo Bunny papers from last year that I had. This one features my own little mouse drawn hedgehog. I used puffy paint on his hat trim and also around the whole card and popped the hedgehog up with foam for that 3D look. I think it turned out not to bad - what do you think? Well thanks for stopping by and having a peek at my work. I hope everyone has a great week and bundle up for the cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment