Friday, June 4, 2010

Sunshine - Yeah!!

Wow - two whole days in a row with sunshine! And today I was actually able to go out with no jacket...the little things that excite me, lol. Apparently we are going into a week of nice weather, it's about time.

I did manage to get one of my pictures from our camping trip on Quadra Island finished today. This is of a sunset we had on one of the sunny days we had while camping. Our site was right on the beach so this was taken from the little deck we had off of our trailer we rented.

We had a challenge over at My Creative Scrapbook to do a layout by making our own patterned paper. This didn't quite come out like I envisioned but I guess you can't learn if you don't try. I took some of my paints in different shades of pinks and purples to pick up the colors of the sunset. Since this was taken at the ocean beach I used one of my stamps that kind of reminded me of plants floating on the ocean floor and the small round things looked like shells and stamped in two of the corners. In the same set of stamps I had one of just the shell looking thingy and stamped that over the paper and then finished off with spraying pink glimmer mist over the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment