Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Inspiration

Okay I have got to be the worst blogger on the net....for some reason I can't get into this coming in everyday and at least saying "Hi". I've joined a new scrapbooking group called My Creative Scrapbook (www.mycreativescrapbook.com), and all of the members are just awesome scrappers. I'm going to learn so much from them. All of the members have blogs so I'm hoping all of their energy and blogging rubs off on me (she says keeping her fingers crossed). If you haven't run across this group on the net before you must check them out. The main website is a Scrapbook Kit Club that you can join and each month you are sent an awesome new kit to use for scrapping. In their own words: We invite you to join our monthly scrapbook kit club and experience the possibilities our coordinated kits offer. With plenty of innovative materials and ideas to jump start your imagination, preserving your memories will be effortless and enjoyable.
Now you don't have to join the kit club to take part in this group. I haven't joined the kit club yet but hope to in the near future when my finances allow it. The groups message boards are awesome. You can post all of your scrap pages, cards etc in the gallery and get feedback from everyone on them, which I think is a great learning tool. Each month they have a sketch challenge and at the end of the month the layouts are voted on by the Administrators of the site and you never know, you may be the winner that month. They also have a "Sketch of the week" where the Administrators go through all of the posts for the week and one is picked as the winner for that week. They have a "Tips & Technique" section, which I love. You can learn so much from all of these talented ladies!

Today I posted my first layout in the groups gallery, which was my take on the March Sketch Challenge. I used a beautiful set of papers from Bo Bunny called "Snowy Serenade", which I just love, as well as different Prima flowers that I had. Hopefully I will be showing off some awesome new layouts here as I learn from this talented group. Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment