Friday, March 26, 2010

Tissue Flowers

I'm sure most of you have seen a tutorial or two on making flowers similar to the one below. Most of the ones I've seen have used scrapbook paper, which works good but sometimes I find that scrap paper is a little bit to thick to give you a more fluffy (if that's the right word to use, lol) flower. So I decided to try it out using tissue paper. The type you use for gift wrapping. I just went to the local dollar store and picked up some of this pink tissue to work with, it kind of reminded me of the type of flowers we use to make from Kleenex tissue to decorate our bikes for Sports Day in elementary school. So this is just a short little tutorial on how I made mine (and not meant to copy anyone else's tutorial).



So basically your first step is to take your tissue and cut a wavy circle, any size you'd like, depending on whether you want a big or small flower. There are about 20 sheets/layers of tissue in mine.



Now you can take your hole punch and punch a hole through the middle of all your layers and then use a brad to adhere them all together. Once that's done just start pulling up the layers one at a time and crumpling them up to the center.


Just keep doing this until you have all the layers crumpled then you can start to pull them apart until you have your flower the shape you'd like. That's it, so easy and they look really pretty. I think my next ones I make will have a few less layers just so they are not quite so high for placing on my scrap pages.

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific tutorial is this, Steph! I really have to try it. I usually don`t have patience to make my own flowers but yours seems to me so easy! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete